[css-masking] fragmentation (was: [css-masking] reference boxes)

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:56:24 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

On Dec 27, 2013, at 7:53 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

>> My remaining concern here is how this box behaves wrt fragmentation.
>> That particular definition is in conflict with the explanation in
>> 'clip-path' of how the clipping path is fragmented.
>
> I am not sure if it is. bounding-box defines a reference box and does not effect fragmentation differently than the other property values. Even though I wish it would! It would be more pleasant to not fragment the clipping path for this value.

After reading the latest version of CSS Fragmentation, I think it makes sense to let ‘box-decoration-break’[1] affect the breaking behavior for masking and clipping as well. There are still details that need to be clarified. One is the behavior of fragmentation on 'bounding-box’: a rect that includes the overflowing content.

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-break/#break-decoration