[css-snappoints] Blink team position on snap points

Hi,
We realized that there hasn't been much involvement from the blink team on
this proposal.  I just wanted to send a quick note to communicate our
position (especially since I was so enthusiastic about this in initial
discussions with Microsoft immediately after it was announced in IE).

We're currently focused (eg. see [1]) on low-level mechanisms that give
framework developers more flexibility to customize the behavior while
scrolling.  We imagine a world where frameworks can implement a wide
variety of effects like snap points without needing any new APIs and the
associated web-standards efforts.  For example, the "hidey bars" that slide
and snap in and out in while scrolling in the Twitter app for Android share
some similar properties to snap points, but can't be implemented directly
with such a high-level proposal.  We don't yet have a specific proposal
that would enable scenarios like snap points and "hidey bars", but hope to
in the near future.

As such, we have no plans at this time to implement snap points in blink.
 We don't have any fundamental objection to it, but just feel we need to
focus our efforts on enabling framework developers to innovate in this
space without being blocked on us all the time.

Thanks,
   Rick

[1]
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/4jBAnIVwrt0