Re: [css-counter-styles] question about redefining predefined styles

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 2:59 AM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the spec, it seems that all predefined styles except
> 'decimal' could be redefined by authors via @counter-style. My
> question is that, should the new defination affect other predefined
> styles depend on it? For example, if 'cjk-decimal' is redefined,
> should 'japanese-informal' fallback to the predefined 'cjk-decimal' or
> the new one? I prefer it to only depend on the name, which means the
> new one wins here.
>
> I think this behavior, including the redefinablity of predefined
> styles, should be clearly noted in section "'@counter-style' rule".

Yes, it depends only on the name.  This is already specified, in that
the 'fallback' descriptor only talks about names, and the normative
definitions of the various types all use the normal 'fallback'
descriptor.  Nothing else needs to be said, normatively.

I could add a note somewhere if you think it's unclear, though.  If
you'd like this, where do you think it would be appropriate?