Re: CSS3 lighten/darken suggestion

My knowledge of colour theory is pretty weak, but as I understand it,
a problem with transforming colours in RGB/HSL etc. is that
equal-sized changes do not have perceptually uniform results
throughout the colour space[1]. Is there scope to allow
transformations that are done in the Lab colour space[2]?

[1] http://vis4.net/blog/posts/avoid-equidistant-hsv-colors/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lab_color_space