Re: [css3-background] background-clip value that applies for the background color property

On 17/02/2014 13:59, Stewart Brodie wrote:

> Section 3.2, "Base Color: the background-color property" says at the end:
>
>    "The background color is clipped according to the background-clip’value
>     associated with the bottom-most background image."
>
> Does it really mean that or should it say the "bottom-most image layer"? The
> rest of the text appears to always be careful to say "image layer" when it
> means that, but this one is different.
>
> i.e. what background-clip value applies to the background-color here:
>
>    background-color: black;
>    background-clip: border-box, content-box, padding-box;
>    background-image: url(example-1.png), none
>
> The current text implies that it should be border-box.  I think it is trying
> to say that it should be content-box.
>
> Which is correct?

It’s content-box. This is consistent with how the syntax of the
'background' shorthand only accepts a color in <final-bg-layer>.

Are you interpreting a 'none' value in 'background-image' as an "layer"
but not as an "image"? I don’t think that difference is intended.

--
Simon Sapin