Re: Selector Syntax Survey - subject indicator vs :has()

* Daniel Glazman wrote:
>On 11/02/2014 21:52, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> I've just posted the selector syntax survey I was charged with at the
>> last f2f: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1x0eXPBj1GN8Zau-7k9J_JGhoM6uGEqlJBkBBDFswT2w/viewform
>>
>> This will help us decide whether to use the subject indicator or the
>> :has() pseudoclass.  Please answer and share this poll!
>
>The poll was originally started with a choice between !foo > a and
>a:has(> foo) and then you changed it to ^foo > a and tthe :has() thing.
>Most people have voted and commented against ! but this is not relevant
>any more to ^... I suggest you reset your form and ask people to do
>the survey again.

It seems premature to conduct a survey if the Working Group is so unsure
what to ask. I also cannot usefully answer the current phrasing. Picking
a character 'such as "^"' would be a bad idea if "Shadow DOM" features
use it for other purposes, and if they don't, I would not want my answer
to be misinterpreted as supporting "!" through the backdoor ("such as").