Re: [selectors4][css-syntax] Pseudo-elements vs. combinators

On Feb 5, 2014, at 5:39 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, let's see:
>
> article ^shadow heading ^descendants p
>
> Than in:
>
> article /shadow heading /descendants p
>
> Damn, that's pretty good, actually.  I thought I would like it less
> due to it being less visible, but it's really not bad.

Yeah, I like the look of it too.

Less fan of the backtick. While it is used out there - some flavors of Markdown also use it to mark up inline code - it’s still esoteric and visually ambiguous enough I’m honestly concerned we’ll see Stack Overflow questions from people wondering why a regular quote doesn’t work until the end of times.