Re: Procedural (non-technical) point about freezing the cat and hat combinators before they've even been defined (was Re: Shadow DOM: Hat and Cat -- if that's your real name.)

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2014, at 10:47 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com> wrote:
> >
> > Given how much growth Polymer had seen in the recent months, I expect
> these features to start getting used pretty actively.
> >
> Would you mind sharing some of the data behind this assumption? I must be
> spending all my time with all the wrong people because I don't get that
> impression at all. Last time someone told me about Polymer, it was as part
> of the sentence "I started Polymer and then all the lights in the building
> dimmed". Not kind, probably unfair, but in line with what the rest of the
> still small amount of feedback I've heard on the topic. Needless to say,
> your confident assurances of around-the-corner success sound totally
> wishful to me. And it's possible I'm not alone?

I don't have anything other than empirical observations: watching
participation on polymer-dev list, the number of forks and PRs on github,
and the overall interest on Twitter.

Also -- "confident assurances of around-the-corner success"? That's just
mean. I didn't say anything of a kind.

:DG<