Re: Shadow DOM: Hat and Cat -- if that's your real name.

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chrome *will* be shipping Shadow DOM publicly (in conjunction with
> Moz) in the *very near* future.  Whatever API gets shipped will be

I should jump in here to clarify Mozilla's current position. While
we're currently implementing the Custom Elements (including Shadow
DOM), we're doing so in order to gather feedback from developers about
the spec. We're definitely not even close to a position where we'd
like to freeze anything.

I'm also a little surprised to see the intent to ship. There are open
questions and at least a couple of major bugs open against the Shadow
DOM spec. William Chen is currently going through and compiling a list
of the things that we know about. I expect that we (Mozilla) are also
going to see at least a few other things once document.register is
properly useable and starts getting tested.
--
Blake Kaplan