Re: [css-text] Enhanced underline options

From: Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:44:51 +1100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Bobby Mozumder <mozumder@futureclaw.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I don't think we have equivalence of underline-spacing-{width,color} in
> the
> > current spec. There are request from authors for this kind of thing, but
> I'm
> > not sure whether it is something good to add to the spec.
>
> Interesting, I haven't seen any requests for underline spacing, or for
> spacing control over border dashes, which are similar.

You can search "underline gap", and you will find there are many workaround
use border-bottom to simulate underline gap.

I don't understand what spacing-color would do at all, so I can't talk
> about that.

I don't understand either, but InDesign has this field, so people might ask
for the same thing in CSS... I have no idea.

- Xidorn