Re: Flexbox Tab-Index Recommendation

From: Bo J Campbell <bcampbell@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:26:17 -0600
To: www-style@w3.org

Daniel,

Sorry for the late reply as I'm travelling. I have been working on an
accessibility recommendation for this this week and we have a suggested
conclusion. In short, for now, the way Mozilla is treating tabbing for
Flexbox (now a bug) is what is being suggested as a solution (by Rich
Schwerdtfeger and Matt King) for tabbing moving forward. This gives the
keyboard and the visual user the same experience. Likewise, it will be
suggested that the accessibility tree is also updated so that screen
readers will follow the same path. All users will then get the same
flow/experience.

Best,
Bo