Re: Option so line-height only affects height between lines

On Monday 2014-12-08 22:15 +0000, Alan Stearns wrote:
> I think it might be useful to have a leading-model property that allowed
> you to change how line-height works. But it might also be more complicated
> than it’s worth. In my experience, sticking with a single leading model is
> the only way to reasonably lay out lines. The boundaries between leading
> models almost never give you the results you want.

There have been two prior proposals for such properties sitting
around in the drafts of the linebox/inline module:
line-stacking-strategy (older) and my line-box-contain proposal,
which I believe we agreed to replace it with:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-inline/#LineStacking

(With 'line-box-contain: block', only the block's line height sets
the line spacing.  It's a bit dangerous unless you know what's in
the block, though.)

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂