Re: [css-speech][css-content][mediaqueries] Making Generated Content Accessible

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 21:26:22 +0100
Cc: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai@inkedblade.net>
To: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>

> On 04 Dec 2014, at 20:45, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:
>
> linear -> "export to audiobook" (like print, except to an audio format)
> linear-screen -> "'read all' in a screen-based ebook reader" (like "Speak Screen" in iBooks)
> screen -> "interactive navigation of the screen" (like using VoiceOver to explore around the screen in a browser)

If I understand you correctly, linear and linear screen give the same audio result, but one happens while there is also a visual rendering (linear-screen), while the other only has an audio rendering (linear).

If that's the case, I would not have two values for that, as from the point of view of the speech, it is the same. The devices differ in other aspects, but that's for other media features to capture. As far as speech is concerned, it's linear.

If that's not what you meant, then I still don't know what you meant (sorry).

 - Florian