Re: [css-writing-modes][CSS21][css3-ui] defining 'cursor: auto' properly (Issue 48)

> On 01 Dec 2014, at 05:02, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Nov 26, 2014, at 10:03 PM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>
>> However, in a run of Tate-chuu-yoko (as triggered by 'text-combine-upright’), I would expect a ‘text’ cursor. As far as I can tell, [css-writing-modes] does not say anything about what the writing mode of a run of tate-chuu-yoko is. If that’s considered horizontal, it would be good to make that explicit, and if that’s considered vertical, we either need a new term to refer to from [css3-ui], or we need to single out this case.
>
> 9.1.2, Layout Rules[1] says this:
>
>> the glyphs of the combined text are composed horizontally (ignoring letter-spacing and any forced line breaks, but using the specified font settings), similar to the contents of an inline-box with a horizontal writing mode and a line-height of 1em.
>
> Is this explicit enough?
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-writing-modes/#text-combine-layout

It is explicit enough to know what is happening in a combined text area, but I don’t think it gives me a word which means “horizontal in a horizontal writing mode and in a text-combine area inside a vertical writing mode, and vertical in other areas of a vertical writing mode”.

What I am looking for is not an explanation of the behaviour (which we have), but vocabulary to refer to it.

 - Florian