Re: [css-masking] lc issue 2: rename mask-* properties

On 04/23/2014 12:08 AM, fantasai wrote:
> On 04/12/2014 01:45 AM, Dirk Schulze wrote:
>> Hi fantasai,
>>
>> LC Issue 2 [1] is still open and I would very much like to resolve
>> it now. We discussed renaming all current long hand properties for
>> mask-* a while back and it seems there is no one in favor for
>> renaming mask-image, mask-type, mask-size and others. The structure
>> of the spec got much cleaner and I do not believe that people would
>> still get confused by reading the spec. Can we close this issue?
>
> I think it's probably okay to leave mask-* as it is, since for
> simple cases thats what will be used.
>
> I'm still not totally happy with mask-box-*, since it's really
> box-mask, but that's probably just me having English grammtatical
> biases. I can't come up with anything better. :/

Well, okay, the best I can come up with is mask-border-*
Because it's closer to border-image, and because by default
it just covers the border area:
   - the default coverage area is the border area
   - by default, the middle part is not considered
so it's very border-like in its effects.

~fantasai