Re: [css-counter-styles] position keywords in list-style

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> On the other hand, in the call today dbaron pointed out that
> animation/transition/list-style all have ambiguity issues that they
> solve by just trying as hard as they can to parse - you're allowed to
> name an animation "backwards", for instance.

I see what dbaron said. However, I don't think it is a good idea. Although
it is easy to implement, it is dangerous for forward compatibility. For
example, if someone defines a keyframes called 'move', and uses it in
shorthand animation property like 'animation: move ease 1s', and we later
defines a new timing-function called 'move' as well, the meaning of the
value will be changed.

IMO, If we decide to allow trying to parse as hard as possible, name must
be parsed in the highest priority, and then moved to other slot if possible
or necessary.

- Xidorn