Re: [matrix][cssom-view] DOMPoint, DOMPointLiteral definitions

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Domenic Denicola <
domenic@domenicdenicola.com> wrote:

> Robert, I am confused what purpose the inheritance serves in your
> proposal. The purpose of inheritance in JS is usually to allow you to apply
> superclass methods (or in this case, accessor) to the base class.

You don't mean "base class" here, do you? Normally "base class" means the
same thing as superclass.

> But that does not work if your model is to *remove* permissions in the
> subclass; it would mean you could use the superclass's setter to mutate the
> supposedly-immutable subclass.

My proposal doesn't do that. Client code has no permission to mutate state
via DOMRect.

I am trying to understand what benefit this inheritance hierarchy has over
> a non-hierarchy, and simply can't see one.

We can put functionality common to mutable and immutable rects in DOMRect.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*