Re: [css-gcpm][css-color] device-cmyk() interaction with RGB-space colors.

Hello Tab,

Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 12:25:28 AM, you wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
>>> I doubt that this "just use the channels" approach is compatible with
>>> some other color spaces, like Lab, though.
>>
>> It is compatible. You can try it in PhotoShop :-)

It is compatible because it is an additive colour space.

> How does that work, though?  I mean, HSL doesn't work in a "just use
> the channels" approach,

HSL isn't an additive colour space; its syntactic sugar for RGB and
thus you composite the RGB values.

>  which is why the HSL blend modes are
> non-separable.  Why would Lab work?

Because Lab is an additive colourspace with orthogonal channels.

--
Best regards,