Re: [CSSOM] Revisiting transforms and getBoundingClientRect()

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:41:19 -0700
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, Andrew Dupont <w3@andrewdupont.net>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>> What's the use case for this constructor?
>
> Which one? I guess I don'thave a use-case for these right now. Let's drop
> them and we can add them later if they turn out to be useful.

I prefer going the other way - having constructable interfaces unless
there's a reason not to do so.

> Never mind, let's get rid of QuadList since getBoxQuads can just return
> sequence<DOMQuad>.

Yeah, fine with me.

>> Do we want PseudoElement to participate in this API?
>
> Hmm. Where is PseduoElement specified? I'm not familiar with it.

<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#the-pseudoelement-interface>. Right
now it's just something to hang the style APIs off of, but it's a
great thing to use for everything else pseudo-element-ish.