Re: [cssom-views] getBoxQuads and SVG text

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:41:24 +1200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 5:05 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
> > It's not clear to me how getBoxQuads should behave when called on an SVG
> > text element, or text node child of an SVG text element, that is being
> > rendered along a path. Should we return one DOMQuad per glyph, or one
> > DOMQuad that contains all the glyphs, or something else?
>
> That is an excellent question.  Off the top of my head, yes, one quad per
> glyph.

Not the easiest thing to implement, but OK. That makes sense for text
nodes, but is it the same answer for <text> and <tspan> elements?

A harder question: what about when we return quads from some arbitrary node
relative to a text node, <text> or <tspan> element that is being rendered
along a path? How is that supposed to work?

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*