Re: [filter-effects] filter different components of an element

Hello Lea,

> On Sep 7, 2013, at 11:03, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
>> filter() can just filter CSS Images. You can not filter border: solid black 1px; for example.

> That’s not exactly a use case, you’re repeating what you want to be
> possible. I was asking *why* would you want to do that? Are there
> designs out there requiring it? How common is the need?

Soft drop shadow on a solid border seems a reasonable use case to me.

Replacing the solid border with an image of a solid colour chip (!) to
use as a sliced border image and applying the filter to that would not
give the same result, due to the image slicing/stretching/repeating
that border-image does.

And box-shadow is still, unfortunately, just a box shadow and not a
border shadow.

--
Best regards,