Re: [css-ui][css-flexbox] Should 'text-overflow' work on flexboxes?

On 09/04/2013 11:31 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> That said, I'm not opposed to special-casing flexboxes so that
> anonymous flex items take their 'text-overflow' value from the
> flexbox.  Any more properties that we should do this for?

I don't think this special-casing would make sense.

IMHO, adding special-case behavior for "text-overflow" would simply be
making it slightly easier to get into a use-case that's rife with other
footguns.  I don't think it's worth the work trying to make that
use-case easier, given the problems that will come up as soon as an
author tries to insert any inline-level tags.  (which will create
several anonymous flex items where there was previously one, and confuse
the author if they're expecting block-like behavior)

~Daniel