Re: [css-hierarchies] Why require the & character?

On Sep 2, 2013, at 22:36, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> or figure out a
> "good enough" parsing compromise that lets us tell selectors and
> properties apart within a small, bounded number of tokens at the
> parser level, at the cost of sometimes misinterpreting
> previously-valid CSS.

This sounds interesting but I guess it depends on how common the previously-valid CSS is. Do you have any ideas? A while back you suggested requiring a space after the colon for properties, but I pointed out that this would break every single example of minified CSS in the wild. Do you have any other ideas in mind?

~Lea