Re: line-height: normal and multiple descendant font sizes

On 22/10/2013 1:06 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:

>>> 1. So in Firefox we can have the following:
>>>
>>>   a. 16px * 0 == 0px
>>>   b. 16px * 0.5 == 8px
>>>   c. 16px * 1 == 16px
>>>   d. 16px * 1.2 == 19.2px (rounded down to 19px)
>>>

>>> 2. With Opera thought, the font size is completely ignored and we end
>>> up with some strange values which I can not explain. We will always
>>> have a line box base on the <number> with some unknown variable.
>>>
>>> 3. Chrome seems to do similar to Firefox for font size medium.
>>>

>> If you can, please provide a test where such code is involved.
>> And again, I am not suggesting that what you say can not happen.
>
> Hint, each time step 1 is done (altered), you must also do step 2 to get
> the updated used value (computed style).
>
> http://css-class.com/test/css/text/linebox-line-height-margin-box-font-size.htm

Please refresh the above test case. Somehow the line-height was removed.
I have also added a table for font-size line-height for "Times New
Roman" as used by Firefox that is found here.

Used values for Firefox with UA font-size setting of 16px:

   a. 16px * 0 == 0px
   b. 16px * 0.5 == 8px
   c. 16px * 1 == 16px
   d. 16px * 1.2 == 19.2px