Re: line-height: normal and multiple descendant font sizes

Le 2013-10-18 20:36, Glenn Adams a écrit :
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Gérard Talbot
> <www-style@gtalbot.org>wrote:

> What I am asking is how line-height normal is resolved to a used value
> that
> serves to specify this minimal height. In my example, if line-height
> normal
> is resolved to a used value that is the maximum computed value of
> inline
> element children, then this used value would be 36pt * some percentage,
> say
> 120%, and thus 43.2pt, which means that every one of the three line
> boxes
> must be at least 43.2pts in height.

Glenn, that's not how I understand this.

In both these 2 tests,

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3LineBox/multiple-line-box-various-font-sizes.html

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3LineBox/multiple-line-box-various-font-sizes-AG.html

I have added 'font-size: 16px' (line 21) declaration to the div rule.

So, minimal line box height should be 16px * 1.2 == 19.2px but then

"A line box is always tall enough for all of the [inline] boxes it
contains" (§9.4.2)

and so, the line box with X2 is approx. 57.6px tall
and the line box with X3 is approx. 28.8px tall.

Gérard