Re: [css-shapes] how to size and position <image>s

On 10/17/2013 11:02 AM, Alan Stearns wrote:
> Tab Atkins wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, replaced elements actually don't *quite* use the Sizing
>> Algorithm, unfortunately.  There's some annoying wrinkles that I don't
>> remember at all, but fantasai should.
>>
>> But the default size of replaced elements is 300x150.
>
> If that's the case, then perhaps instead of the Sizing Algorithm the
> Shapes from Image section should say something like:
>
> ---
> Sizing and positioning the image a shape is derived from follows all of
> the same rules that would apply if the image were the element's replaced
> content.
> ---

Okay, now let's consider an element that contains text, but has a shape
derived from an image. This means that the size of the image and what
it's box would be is potentially very different from the size of the
box resulting from sizing the text. That size is therefore mismatched,
though well-defined. What is its position with respect to the actual
box?

(If the image were the element's replaced content, the element's box
would be a different size, and its position would be well-defined.
But since the boxes are different, its "position" wrt that box is
not well-defined.)

~fantasai