Re: [css-shapes] how to size and position <image>s

On 10/17/13 10:54 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>> On 10/17/13 3:42 AM, "Dirk Schulze" <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

>>>It is a bit hard to read through all the definitions. The object size
>>>depends on the concrete object size, which depends on the intrinsic
>>>dimension and the specified size with the ultimate fallback to the
>>>default object size. The default object size depends on the definitions
>>>of each CSS property, as can be seen in section "Examples of CSS object
>>>size" (inconsistent name IMO).
>>
>> The last example in that section is for 'replaced elements', but none of
>> the linked sections of 2.1 mention a default object size (presumably
>> because this wasn't a 2.1 notion). Is it defined anywhere what the
>>default
>> object size of a floated image element actually is?
>
>Yeah, replaced elements actually don't *quite* use the Sizing
>Algorithm, unfortunately.  There's some annoying wrinkles that I don't
>remember at all, but fantasai should.
>
>But the default size of replaced elements is 300x150.

If that's the case, then perhaps instead of the Sizing Algorithm the
Shapes from Image section should say something like:

---
Sizing and positioning the image a shape is derived from follows all of
the same rules that would apply if the image were the element's replaced
content.
---

Thanks,

Alan