Re: [css-shapes] how to position <basic-shape>s

On 10/16/13 1:46 PM, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>On 10/09/2013 11:33 AM, Alan Stearns wrote:
>>
>> And this would introduce a dissimilarity between how percentages are
>> handled on x,y arguments in rectangle() versus how they are handled
>> in polygon()
>
>Well, polygon() is a series of points, whereas rectangle() is a size
>and a position. So I don't this concern is valid. If you're looking
>for a rectangle function that works like polygon(), then you want
>rect(): it is two pairs of coordinates defining a rectangle, just
>as polygon() is multiple pairs of coordinates defining a polygon.
>
>Does that make sense?

A while back you had brought up the possibility of the first x,y
coordinate in polygon specifying a <position> that the rest of the x,y
points were relative to. I was assuming that would be the start of a
CSS-style shape(polygon ...) function, and that the use of <position>
there could be made consistent with a CSS-style shape(rectangle ...)
function.

Thanks,

Alan