Re: [css-regions] Reworking getNamedFlows()

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:51:30 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Mihnea-Vlad Ovidenie <mihnea@adobe.com>, François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "cam@mcc.id.au" <cam@mcc.id.au>
On 10/15/13 10:43 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>> OK, coming back to this. If we go the Map route, then I'm assuming it's
>> static, read-only map. Would something like this work?
>
>Is there a particular reason for it to be static?  I assume that the
>current spec's interface is live, right?

The current spec's interface is a static snapshot, based on the feedback
that I get every time I try to define something as live [1]. My current
rule of thumb is to assume something should be static unless there's a
very good reason to make it live.

Thanks,

Alan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Aug/0327.html