Re: [css-masking] Referring to elements from CSS. (In, but not limited to [css-images-4] and [css-gcpm])

Le 09/10/2013 11:25, Dirk Schulze a écrit :
> I agree that it is better to come up with a general proposal that we
> accept for all specifications. For this reason I removed select() and
> child from the first level of CSS Masking. This gives us enough time
> to discuss element selecting and we don't need to rush it.
> url(#fragment) for element referencing still needs to be supported
> for legacy reasons anyway.

Although this is another case of "everyone at this table knows what this
means", for the spec to be well-defined CSS Masking will, like GCPM,
need to define (or refer to something that defines) exactly how
url(foo.svg#bar) is mapped to a single element.

* What is the base for relative URLs? (V&U probably already covers this)
* If the URL (fragment aside) is for another document, is an external
resource fetched? (The answer here might differ for Masking and GCPM)
* What happens if the URL has no fragment?
* How is a fragment mapped to an element? (Not just IDs, but <a name> etc.)
* What happens if more that one element have that ID/name?

These issues are not especially hard, but they need normative statements.

--
Simon Sapin