Re: [css-device-adapt] Apply @viewport to top-level documents only

From: Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 14:36:07 +0200
To: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM, François REMY
<francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
> I don't think this is a good idea. I think one of the main use case of
> @viewport is to be embedded into @media to fallback to a known amount of
> fixed-size layouts even under any real pixel size as viewport, or for slide
> decks this is a way to make sure your content is always rendered under a
> fixed-size resolution and "scaled-to-fit" into the user browser. Documents
> inside an iframe totally want this behavior to continue to work.

There is no "continue to work" here as this has not been supported by
implementations before AFAIK (meta viewport or prefixed @viewport).
I'm worried about the progression of the spec and the implementations.
So my proposal is to postpone to a level 2.

--
Rune Lillesveen