Re: Referring to elements from CSS. (In, but not limited to [css-images-4] and [css-gcpm])

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:04:10 -0700
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> If we have to deal with defining how fragments map to elements anyway, I
> don’t see a point in keeping ID selectors for this.

This is also acceptable to me.  The reason I suggested it, though, was
so that the usages in GCPM with attr() would still be valid.  Those
seem useful!

> Unless we want to extend
> this to more selectors later?

That doesn't seem to be relevant so far - adding the ability to refer
to use more selectors will require a disambiguating wrapper anyway.
(Like URLs, the syntax space of Selectors is too large to easily
mingle with most other things.)