Re: [cssom-view] DOMRect with aliases x, y to left, top?

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 11:45:23 +0200
To: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>, "Dirk Schulze" <dschulze@adobe.com>
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 23:20:37 +0200, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to add alias attributes 'x' and 'y' that point to
> 'left' and 'top'? That would make it more compatible with SVGRect and
> the SVG WG could start replacing SVGRect[1] with DOMRect as well for a
> unified platform.

DOMRect should now be compatible with SVGRect, so SVG can start using it
(or DOMRectReadOnly).

I added a no-argument constructor to DOMRect in
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/3eb9884be51c

The missing piece would be to alias the window.SVGRect property to
DOMRect, but do we need to? Is there actually Web content that relies on
the SVGRect constructor/interface object? (The same question applies to
SVGMatrix also.)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software