Re: Proposal: will-animate property

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 22:41:25 +1100
To: Benoit Girard <bgirard@mozilla.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
Hi Benoit,

Benoit Girard wrote:
> I'd like to propose a will-animate CSS property.

I just want to point out SVG Tiny 1.2's buffered-rendering property,
which had the same intent, but with a coarser set of values:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/painting.html#BufferedRenderingProperty

Presto implemented this, at least for SVG content, though with Opera's
move to Blink I am not sure whether this property has any remaining
desktop implementations.  The property has been ported over to SVG 2
(still a Working Draft), though:

   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/painting.html#BufferedRendering

This isn't to say that we should prefer buffered-rendering, just that we
should make sure there is only one property for this hint.