Re: [css-grid] Named lines syntax

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 08:26:36 -0800
To: Sergio Villar Senin <svillar@igalia.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Sergio Villar Senin <svillar@igalia.com> wrote:
> The current ED defines line names as:
>
> <line-names> = ( <ident>* )
>
> do we really want to allow empty line name lists? I guess we don't, and
> that should be replaced by "<ident>+", shouldn't it?

No, we need empty line lists for subgrids (they can specify their own
names in addition to any names they inherit, and need empty line lists
to clarify that they're not naming a particular line).  It doesn't
hurt normal grids to allow empty line lists either; it's just
equivalent to omitting the parentheses too.