Re: [mediaqueries] Add "<" and ">" syntax?

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM, Daniel Glazman
> On 13/11/13 00:17, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>> Also sprach Tab Atkins Jr.:

>>  > Instead, I propose we add another syntax possibility to MQs:
>>  >
>>  > (width < 400px)
>>  > (device-height > 1000px)
>>
>> This is much better.
>

> This is not only better. This is _finally_ the original MQ syntax [1]
> that we were forced to forget [2] and move to min-/max- [3]. Yes, I am the
> guilty one for suggesting this but we had no other choice at that time.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-css3-mediaqueries-20010404/
> [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2000OctDec/0083.html
> [3] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2000OctDec/0086.html
>
> </Daniel>

While we are on this page what about adding support of basic math
there - the same set of rules/syntax used by the calc():

(width < 800px + 40px)
(width < 800px * 2 + 40px)
(width < 800px * 3 + 40px)

So calc() and media queries will use same expression syntax (reduced
in calc case). So UAs can implement this using the same expression
evaluation code.

Wearing my favorite pragmatic hat,

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.