Re: [css-text] Replaced elements as U+FFFC for line breaking doesn't seem Web compatible

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 01:15:09 -0500
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@oupeng.com>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
On 11/10/13 10:21 PM, "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@oupeng.com> wrote:

>Our internal channel reveals that for this case

>, there should be a soft soft wrap opportunity after the NO-BREAK SPACE,
>while this contradicts css-text + UAX#14 at this moment:

Maybe I missed something here, but why do you think there should be? It's
GL+CB, and LB12 prohibits break before/after GL.

>Only Presto is following the spec here, every IE mode I tested, WebKit,
>Firefox all behave otherwise, and I doubt other browsers will want to
>follow the spec because our client reports this as Presto's bug.

I might want to ask other experts opinion here, but as far as I
understand, CSS does not require UA to follow CB line breaking class, so I
suppose the case for GL+CB is undefined. CSS does require GL, so I might
be mistaken here. Is this what you're talking about?

/koji