Re: [css3-fonts] font-variant-* Comments II

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 22:39:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style@w3.org

fantasai wrote:

> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-fonts/#font-variant-prop
>
>    #  subproperties
>
> sub-properties

Nope, I don't think we need be hyphenating subproperty. The
world has too many hyphens to begin with...

>    # Where possible, features defined for other font formats
>    # should attempt to follow the pattern of registered OpenType
>    # tags.
>
> Are you trying to assert a conformance clause on other font
> formats, or am I misinterpreting the audience of this sentence?

This sentence isn't asserting anything, it's merely saying that it's a
good idea to follow the OpenType conventions when that makes sense.
The world doesn't need multiple tag schemes to describe "common
ligatures".

Cheers,

John Daggett