Re: [css-align] use of start/end edge needs qualification

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> In [1], the phrases "start edge" and "end edge" are used without qualifying
> which axis applies.

That's because this is the generic list of terms which are shared by
several alignment properties.  The axis in which they apply is
determined by the property.

(If this is a problem, then several other terms like "center" are
similarly ambiguous.)

> Also, I notice the terms "start side" and "end side" also appear under the
> definitions of self-start and self-end. The term "side" is not defined in
> this spec nor is a definition referenced. For that matter, the term "edge"
> is similarly undefined. At the minimum, "edge" and "side" need to be
> carefully distinguished, with example illustrations if possible.
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-align/#ltcontent-position

They're both English words, not special technical terms.  I don't
think further definition is necessary, unless you can explain how you
find them confusing.

~TJ