Re: [css-animations] CSS animations and non-interactive media

Le 27/05/2013 11:53, L. David Baron a écrit :
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-animations/  is currently not clear on
> what CSS animations should do in non-interactive media.  (The
> "Media" lines in the spec are almost certainly wrong.)
>
> For example, when printing, what happens to CSS animations?  There
> are two obvious choices:
>
>    (1) ignore the animation properties and don't apply any animations
>
>    (2) honor the animation properties and freeze the animations at
>        time 0
>
> I tend to think the correct answer is (1); this allows authors to
> get reasonable fallback when the initial state of their animation is
> offscreen or similarly useless, and it matches the fallback they
> already (should) have for implementations that don't support CSS
> animations.

I agree. Not running the animations because of media constraints or
because they are somehow disabled should do the same is if animations
were not implemented.

Not implementing this module is also the obvious thing to do for
non-interactive-only user agents such as WeasyPrint.

--
Simon Sapin