[css3-fonts] Font Matching Intro+CS: Editorial

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 13:49:50 +0800
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-fonts/#font-matching-algorithm

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-fonts/#font-family-casing

   # user agents must match font family names used in style
   # rules with actual font family names contained in fonts
   # available in a given environment or defined via
   # @font-face rules.

It's syntactically unclear whether the structure here is
   with actual font family names
     |- contained in fonts
          |-available in a given environment
          |-defined via @font-face rules
or
   with actual font family names
     |- contained in fonts available in a given environment
     |- defined via @font-face rules

I think you mean the latter, because for @font-face we
don't look at the font family data in the font files.
It would be good to restructure this sentence so that
it is not ambiguous.

Also, I would suggest swapping the order of the author
and implementer notes in this section, so that the author
one comes first.

Lastly, I suggest moving this section below the next one,
as it's really an expanded detail of the next one. (It's
defining 'case-insensitive' as used in the next section.
But that's a minor detail, not a fundamental concept, in
font matching, so its expanded explanation should come
afterwards, not before.)

~fantasai