Re: [css-display]? Compositing, expensive things, and laziness

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> The content could start a transition to fade out the spinner, and use
> requestAnimationFrame to start the fade-in of the real content not at the
> next frame, but the frame after. I expect that would give you the behavior
> you want, and it doesn't sound too crazy to me.

Still has some bad aspects; namely, we *could* be spending the time
between "now" and "two frames from now" painting the expensive element
in the background, but with your suggestion we have no idea that we
need to start doing that.  That means we avoid the hitch, but delay
the expensive stuff even more than it already is.  (Also, more manual
than I'd like, but this is an advanced use-case, so that's not a
killer con.)

Tangent:

> q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
> qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq
> qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqeqmq.q qAqnqdq qiqfq qyqoquq
> qdqoq qgqoqoqdq qtqoq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qaqrqeq qgqoqoqdq qtqoq qyqoquq,q
> qwqhqaqtq qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq
> qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq qdqoq qtqhqaqtq.q"

Hahahahaha

~TJ