inline vs inline-block

From: Niels Matthijs <niels.matthijs@internetarchitects.be>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 11:44:51 +0200
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Hey all,

I know the difference between display:inline and display:inline-block, but I
was wondering if there's a good reason why someone would prefer inline over
inline-block? The only reason that I can think of is if you want to
hard-block top/bottom paddings/margins, but are there any other things that
display:inline can handle which inline-block can't?

Or put differently, is there still a use-case for applying display:inline
instead of inline-block (taking browser support out of the equation).

Greets,

Niels Matthijs

http://www.onderhond.com