Re: [css3-regions] Event handling on regions

On 22/03/13 00:28, Alan Stearns wrote:

> Option 4:
>
> Add a new 'display-tree' value to the proposed 'pointer-events' property
> [1] (or add a new property for this value). The capture phase remains
> unchanged. The bubble phase remains unchanged *unless* the target node's
> 'pointer-events' property computes to 'display-tree'. In that case, the
> event bubbles up to the first fragmented node, then to the fragment
> container (repeating through nested fragmentation contexts).
>
> This option satisfies B, E and F. It satisfies A with
> 'pointer-events:auto' and C and D with 'pointer-events:display-tree'.

I really really like this proposal. The best of both worlds for
the least intrusive solution. Please note this could help solve
the loooong standing issue of hovering over a positioned
element, cause of the first Note in section 6.6.1.2 of Selectors [1].

We still have an issue with non-DOMelements used as regions and
how to attach event handlers to them, though.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/selectors/#the-user-action-pseudo-classes-hover-act

</Daniel>