Re: [css-positioning]? Handling <dialog> positioning - an update

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com> wrote:
> On 3/26/13 12:51 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
>>wrote:
>>> But if you just mean to require something
>>> to happen when a box is generated then why not just say that?
>>
>>Quoting from my original message: "When the <dialog> is shown (to be
>>precise, when it generates a
>>renderer), we generate an anonymous containing block for it.".  I then
>>clarified that by "renderer" I meant "box" in a later message.  ^_^
>
> Good. Then we can stop invoking Animations in vain :)

Sorry it confused you, but two people I talked about this with
(fantasai and Ojan) were skeptical of the idea of doing something
"when an element generates a box" until I pointed out that we already
have this exact concept present in Animations.

So, my mentioning of Animations was an attempt to forestall any
similar objections.  It appears to have epicly failed, but there's no
way of knowing if there would have been just as much confusion of the
kind I'd already seen had I left it out.  Shrug.