Re: "image-resolution: snap" and scaling all lengths in tandem

* Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>This solved his problem exactly.  However, this means the sizes of the
>images aren't quite predictable, which means that the sizing of
>related parts of the document won't quite match up anymore.  Text that
>was supposed to be the same size as the image now may be slightly
>smaller or larger, which is a problem if you're using it as a
>background-image on a button, for example, or if it's just placed next
>to the image and meant to preserve a certain visual rhythm.

Could you outline example code that would exhibit this problem, while
accounting for the usual problems in this area, like user style sheets
that set a minimum acceptable font size that is larger than the font
size specified in author style sheets, or downloadable fonts being un-
available due to network problems? It seems odd to me that whatever is
used to address those problems would fail when image sizes become un-
predictable in the manner you describe.