Re: [css4-background] use cases for 'border-corner-shape'?

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 2013-03-24 23:14 +0200, Lea Verou wrote:
>> Googling these is pretty hard, as everybody uses different names
>> to refer to them. Nevertheless, here are a few tutorials and
>> questions from struggling authors about how to replicate these
>> effects:
>
> Questions from authors don't give you enough information to be sure
> that the feature being added is sufficient for the author's needs.
> You need to examine actual sites that they've created to be sure
> that the feature is sufficient.  And if there's not enough demand
> from authors that they're doing this with images and/or
> border-images in significant numbers, I don't think there's enough
> demand to ask that it be put into CSS as its own feature, requiring
> substantial addition of implementation complexity (e.g., clipping
> regions of those shapes, etc.).

100% agree + border-color with border-style transitions would be also
interesting to see
in this case.

In principle if we feel need of non strictly rectangular shapes for
DOM elements then it should be more generic solution -
some property that will take polygon/path - not just corner parts.

Otherwise we will end up with border-corner-shape,
border-top-shape, border-right-shape,
inner-border-corner-shape, outer-border-corner-shape, outer-border-right-shape,
- the whole zoo.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com