Re: [css3-align] justify-self: stretch

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Christian Biesinger
<cbiesinger@chromium.org> wrote:
> it is intentional that there is a justify-self: stretch, but no
> corresponding justify-content: stretch?

Yes.  What would it mean to stretch the contents as a whole?

> Is this value even necessary,
> given that stretching is the default behavior of blocks?

Yes, the alignment properties apply to more than just block.  They
also work on Flexbox and Grid, and should apply to every new layout
mode.

> Does it
> override width/min-width/max-width (it seems to)?

No (and this is why implementing the draft before we take another pass
at it might not be the best idea ^_^).  If you read flexbox's
definition, it's still limited by min and max.

(fantasai and I are taking another workday next Thursday, and I think
revising Alignment is pretty likely to happen then.)