Re: Possible Vendor Prefix Solution

There's a discrepancy between how vendor prefixed properties were intended
to be used, and how they're actually used. Is that not what we're trying to
fix? The problems I'm trying to solve right now are:

* Vendor prefixes are very verbose, and completely unnecessary when the
syntax between a particular draft property is identical between vendors.
* As a consequence of the former, developers don't always included the
non-prefixed property, and don't always account for all vendor prefixes.

> If the Web were full of unprefixed uses of the properties,
implementations would have to maintain compatibility with the syntax and
behavior.

I don't see how this is any different to the current situation. Vendor
prefixed properties are used on many production websites. Any change to
those properties has the potential to break those websites. My suggestion
does not introduce any new problems, nor does it come with any side-effects
that vendor-prefixes (or draft properties in general) don't already possess.

If using draft properties, prefixed or not, on a production website, you
must be vigilante in ensuring those properties you're using remain
compatible. This is the current situation, and would remain the same under
my proposal.

Given that, can anyone provide a reason not to adopt my proposal?

Cheers,
Tom