Re: [css3-page] "Tree order" (default stacking order) of page-margin boxes

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:39:47 +0100, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
wrote:

> Therefore I stick to my proposal: pick an arbitrary but fixed default
> order, and let authors control it with z-index for pathological cases. I
> don’t care what the default order is.

I agree with your reasoning and conclusion.

> I don’t feel strongly about the "fixed" part, though. If someone thinks
> it should really depend on direction/writing-mode I’m fine with that.
> Please make a proposal in that case.

I don't think adjusting based on writing mode is helpful. The order we
pick is arbitrary, meant only to ensure that all UA behave the same in
corner cases. There is no particular significance to that order, and
therefore it makes no sense to rotate it with writing modes. It would
bring extra complexity for no gain.

  - Florian